To strengthen implementation of the 1972 World Heritage Convention in the Arab States region by strengthening application of the decisions and recommendations of the World Heritage Committee for the benefit of World Heritage Sites in the region.
- To act as relay for the action of the World Heritage Centre and its partners to promote and implement the World Heritage Convention in the Arab States region.
- To federate regional energies and expertise in the field of natural and cultural heritage conservation.
- Mobilize financial support for the benefit of World Heritage sites in the Arab States.
- Provide information relating to the World Heritage Convention and its application, including development and management of an Arabic language website, translation and publication of relevant documents.
- Provide the assistance to member states in the region in the fields related to the implementation of the World Heritage Convention including tentative lists, preparation of nomination, manage and conserve sites, and develop an educational and awareness programme through capacity building and training.
- Provide logistical and financial support for regional activities in support for World Heritage Convention, including hosting meetings, conferences, training workshops and exhibitions.